To extend the provision of Brewlab services from Training, Research Projects and Laboratory Services to support customers of all sizes in the set-up and operation of their businesses. Enquiries from course attendees, existing laboratory customers and website traffic to be routed to new Business Plan Service.
Business Plan Support and Advice
- Identification of correct brewing equipment of correct size with an estimation of costs for business plan.
- Application for Brewing License.
- Operational costing estimates for brewing premises including utilities and waste streams.
- Profit margin analysis from raw material estimates and estimated cost of production.
- Sales volume prediction and sales mix.
- Tap room set-up costing and legislative requirements.
- Identification, costing and selection of contract packagers where required.
Brewery Set-up Support and Advice
- Sourcing and Purchasing of Brewing and Service equipment to meet all requirements of the Business Plan.
- Preparation for and installation of Brewing and Service equipment.
- Pipe layouts and engineering sourcing.
- Recipe Formulation, trial brews at Brewlab and scaling up on site.
- In-house support and training on operation of equipment and best practice.
- Duty submission requirements, HMRC
- Quality System set-up. On-site and contracted QA.
- Taste Evaluation service, tasting plans and on-site training.
- Sourcing of raw materials, chemicals, processing aids etc.
- Food Safety (HACCP) development and on-site staff training.
- Health & Safety policy and risk assessment writing. Staff training and recording. Site responsible person.
- Environmental policy, waste stream options.
- Product labelling requirements.
- Tap room personal license and premises license.
- Dispense equipment sourcing and operation.
- Access to market, on-trade and off-trade.
- Meet the Brewer events.
Ongoing Support and Advice
- End of telephone instant support.
- Raw Material sourcing, tendering and contract negotiation.
- Supplier Auditing.
- Maintenance schedule creation and management.
- Engineering sourcing, consumables and spare parts.
- Trade effluent handling and relationships with water companies.
- Brewery Quality and Hygiene Audit.
- HACCP system review, internal audit schedules,
- Standard Application, pre-audits and staff training – SIBA FSQ, Brewlab FSQ, SALSA, BRC etc.
- Health & Safety audits, site safety audits, staff training. RIDDOR fulfilment, HSE visits.
- Equipment upscaling, process and packaging equipment sourcing.
- New Product Development, trial brewing, packaging requirements.
- Borehole Investigation.
- Identification of potential contract brewers and / or packagers.
- Project Management.
- Product labelling checking.
Make an enquiry about Consultancy
If you might be interested in the above analysis service, please leave your details below and a member of our analysis team will be in touch to discuss your specific requirements or answer any questions you might have: